Saturday 18 February 2012

Flying Through the Air.


Currently, I am sitting on a plane from London to Entebbe, Uganda and I can’t believe I’m actually here right now. So much needed to happen for me to arrive at this point and with God’s help it all went according to plan. My mom recently told me that my third grade teacher remembers me telling her that I wanted to travel like my mom when I was older. It seems this trip has been in the making for eleven years now. As I look back at all the preparations for the final time I can see that God was there each step of the way. He gave me hope, when I feared it wasn’t possible. He confirmed His plan when I began to doubt it. He provided sufficient funds to the exact amount. He was there all along leading me even when I couldn’t see the way myself. Now I cannot wait to see what He has in store for me when we land. I thank-you all for your prayers, they have been heard! I wish to leave you with this verse: John 14:27, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” NIV or in the Message Version, “I’m leaving you well and whole. That’s my parting gift to you. Peace. I don’t leave you the way you’re used to being left-feeling abandoned, bereft. So don’t be upset. Don’t be distraught.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment