Monday 11 June 2012

Deep in Tea Feilds.

Written Monday, June 4:
One week of outreach has already come and gone. Its almost impossible to believe. Many things have remained much the same from mini-outreach. We go door-to-door and proclaim God's love in the village center. However this time we are deep on an African mountainside. Tea leave fields stretch as far as the eye can see in one direction and on the other the African jungle, which I navigate through everyday to fetch water. The beauty of God's creation is all around, from the sunset to the children laughing in the school yard. This time around I am focusing on following God and discovering who He wants me to be. "He won't get you where He wants you to go until you become who He wants you to be." -Mark Batterson, "Soul Print" That's exactly it, I want to be who He wants me to be, so I can discover all He has in store for me. And sometimes it takes a trip deep into the jungle, far away from everything you know to fully rely on God and turn to Him. Sometimes it takes a trip with no electricity, for you to read the Bible when you are bored for lack of anything else to do. And before you know it, you begin enjoying seeking God and reading Scripture to find Him. Of course I am still counting down the days until I return but I choose to soak up this opportunity for all its worth, because, lets face it, how often do you travel across the world to be totally immersed in God? Really though, how often does this happen? Once in a lifetime I think."Look at the nations and watch and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe even if you were told." Habbakkuk 1:5

1 comment: